Sunday, May 12, 2013

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the 
valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, 
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in
the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and loving-kindness
will follow me all of the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

The Lord guides me, the Lord prepares the way for me, provides for me, restores my 
soul, comforts me, fills me with His Spirit, speaks to me, and welcomes me into His presence to dwell with him forever.  He is Good!  And HE ALONE is Good!  My cup truly does overflow.  Words to not express the love and thankfulness the I have for him.  Really.  Let us bow down before our father and king.  Let us worship His Holy Name.

I do not want to live one minute apart from him.  Father, forgive me for all the times that I have spoken or acted apart from you.  When I have ignored your presence.  When my own agenda has been on the forefront of my mind instead of you.  Let your presence be evident in every breath that I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment